- Grauer Students Embark on Educational Expedition to CubaPosted 4 days ago
- 4S Ranch~Del Sur Community Foundation Holds 6th Annual Grant Awards Celebration, Grants $26,000Posted 7 days ago
- Plan for Safety: Enjoying Hiking and Biking TrailsPosted 7 days ago
- Think Outside the TankPosted 10 days ago
- Futsal Comes to 4S RanchPosted 11 days ago
- SDNCC Names New Director of Economic Development and PolicyPosted 11 days ago
- Council Declares Northrop Grumman Week in the City of San DiegoPosted 15 days ago
- RB Sunrise Rotary Announces Meeting Speakers for June, 2013Posted 19 days ago
- Fatal Traffic Collision in 4S RanchPosted 20 days ago
- Escondido Humane Society HomecomingPosted 27 days ago
OUTDOOR LIVING – Turn Your Backyard Into an Entertainment Headquarters
Posted on December 29, 2009
More and more people are using their backyards as additional living space. San Diego’s climate is ideal for year round outside entertainment.
Turning your backyard into an entertainment headquarters may be less expensive and easier than you think. However, there are a few very important things to consider before you jump into any type of home or backyard remodel.
CREATE A BUDGET. Proper financial planning can eliminate future headaches.
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE. Determine your future needs for your family and outdoor entertainment. Even if you create your backyard masterpiece in phases, you may be able to save big bucks by planning for proper layout and construction.
HIRE A LICENSED CONTRACTOR. Start your project off right and protect your investment by hiring an experienced and reputable licensed contractor. Check your contractor’s references and ask to see previous work if practical.
Drought Tolerance is another thing to consider when planning your backyard makeover. With the current water shortage, it pays to work with a contractor that specializes in drought tolerance. Knowledgeable and proper construction of hardscape, combined with intelligent irrigation and the correct selection of vegetation, will prove to be both attractive and cost effective for years to come.
The Lamprides Group
CA License #663543