- Shabbat Dinner and Service at Temple Adat ShalomPosted 1 day ago
- Memorial Weekend Fustal Game to be Held at 4S Ranch Sports ParkPosted 4 days ago
- San Diego Rowdies Girls Fastpitch Travel Softball Tryouts 18UPosted 5 days ago
- San Diego Rowdies Girls Fastpitch Travel Softball Tryouts 18UPosted 6 days ago
- Scientists in the Making!Posted 6 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 8 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 9 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 10 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 10 days ago
- Nighthawks ForeverPosted 12 days ago
Maranatha 4S Ranch Campus Site of Summer Sports Camps
Posted on May 25, 2010
Maranatha Christian Schools plans its fourth annual summer Sports Camps to begin June 21-25, with sessions continuing through mid-August at the 4S Ranch campus.
The camps — featuring emphasis in basketball, soccer, track and field (including cross country), football, volleyball, lacrosse and cheer — are open to athletes throughout the area. Specific dates include:
- Basketball, 9th-12th graders, June 21-25
- Basketball, 4th-8th graders, June 21-25
- Soccer, 9th-12th graders, June 28-July 2
- Soccer, 4th-8th graders, June 28-July 2
- Basketball, K-5th graders, July 12-16
- Basketball, 6th-12th graders, July 12-16
- Track, Field and Cross Country, 6th-12th graders, July 19-23
- Football, 4th-8th graders, July 31
- Volleyball, 4th-12th graders, Aug. 2-6
- Lacrosse, 4th-8th graders, Aug. 9-13
- Lacrosse, K-3rd graders, Aug. 9-13
- Cheer, 3rd-5th graders, Aug. 9-13
- Cheer, K-2nd graders, Aug. 9-13
Costs range from $50 for the one-day football clinic to $140 for several of the multi-day camps, with registration deadline two weeks prior to the start date. All campers receive a 2010 Sports Camp tee shirt.
Coaches at the camps will place emphasis on fundamentals, consistent terminology, teaching character traits necessary for successful competition, mental preparation and emotional control. Teamwork and individual skill development will be taught in an age-appropriate fashion. The environment is expected to be competitive and fun.
Included in the camp staff are Maranath Christian Athletic Director Rle Nichols (basketball and football); Associate Athletic Director Bill Rodgers (lacrosse); MCS Varsity Soccer Coach David Cabral (soccer); MCS Varsity Cheer Coach Jennifer Walker (cheer); MCS Track and Field Coach Peter Gregory (track, field, cross country); and MCS Varsity Girls Volleyball Coach Mark Pittman (volleyball).
For complete information and schedule, call 858-759-9737 or visit www.maranathachristianschools.org.