- Grauer Students Embark on Educational Expedition to CubaPosted 4 days ago
- 4S Ranch~Del Sur Community Foundation Holds 6th Annual Grant Awards Celebration, Grants $26,000Posted 7 days ago
- Plan for Safety: Enjoying Hiking and Biking TrailsPosted 7 days ago
- Think Outside the TankPosted 10 days ago
- Futsal Comes to 4S RanchPosted 11 days ago
- SDNCC Names New Director of Economic Development and PolicyPosted 11 days ago
- Council Declares Northrop Grumman Week in the City of San DiegoPosted 15 days ago
- RB Sunrise Rotary Announces Meeting Speakers for June, 2013Posted 19 days ago
- Fatal Traffic Collision in 4S RanchPosted 19 days ago
- Escondido Humane Society HomecomingPosted 26 days ago
Palomar College Plans Campus on Rancho Bernardo Road
Posted on May 12, 2010
Higher education is coming to 92127 Magazine’s coverage area — specifically to a 27-acre site west of Interstate 15 on Rancho Bernardo Road.
Palomar College plans a satellite campus in an existing two-year-old, four-story, 110,000-square-foot facility. The property also includes a 574-space, three-story parking garage — and an additional 218 outdoor parking spots.
District officials approved the $38.3 million purchase to provide campus access to students in Poway, Rancho Bernardo, 4S Ranch, Rancho Penasquitos, Del Sur, Santa Luz and other surrounding communities. Escrow is expected to close in late June or early July.
No opening date for the facility was announced, and no information was released on the potential impact to an existing satellite education center in Rancho Penasquitos.