- Shabbat Dinner and Service at Temple Adat ShalomPosted 3 days ago
- Memorial Weekend Fustal Game to be Held at 4S Ranch Sports ParkPosted 6 days ago
- San Diego Rowdies Girls Fastpitch Travel Softball Tryouts 18UPosted 7 days ago
- San Diego Rowdies Girls Fastpitch Travel Softball Tryouts 18UPosted 8 days ago
- Scientists in the Making!Posted 8 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 10 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 11 days ago
- Northrop Grumman Receives Community Partner of the Year AwardPosted 12 days ago
- NBC 7’S Whitney Southwick to Emcee Taste of Our Towne IIPosted 12 days ago
- Nighthawks ForeverPosted 14 days ago
Poway Schools Await Governor's Signature for $6.3 Million
Posted on September 6, 2010
Poway Unified School District is scheduled to receive $6.3 million in funding from the federal jobs bill (intended to spare teacher positions from elimination), according to a new online posting by the California Department of Education.
That’s the third highest amount for any district in San Diego County, behind San Diego schools and Sweetwater schools.
But while California legislators voted to disburse the $1.2 billion in funding to schools statewide, the bill still awaits Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s signature.