- Grauer Students Embark on Educational Expedition to CubaPosted 5 days ago
- 4S Ranch~Del Sur Community Foundation Holds 6th Annual Grant Awards Celebration, Grants $26,000Posted 8 days ago
- Plan for Safety: Enjoying Hiking and Biking TrailsPosted 8 days ago
- Think Outside the TankPosted 11 days ago
- Futsal Comes to 4S RanchPosted 12 days ago
- SDNCC Names New Director of Economic Development and PolicyPosted 12 days ago
- Council Declares Northrop Grumman Week in the City of San DiegoPosted 16 days ago
- RB Sunrise Rotary Announces Meeting Speakers for June, 2013Posted 20 days ago
- Fatal Traffic Collision in 4S RanchPosted 20 days ago
- Escondido Humane Society HomecomingPosted 27 days ago
Lacrosse Tournament to Benefit Cancer
Posted on May 2, 2012
Middle school lacrosse players from across San Diego, Coronado, Orange County and Temecula will gather on May 19 at Maranatha Christian Schools in San Diego to play the first annual NEGU Challenge.
NEGU, which stands for ”Never Ever Give Up” is the motto and message of Jessie Joy Rees, a caring 12-year old girl who was diagnosed with inoperable brain tumors in 2011. After her seventh round of chemotherapy, Jessie vowed to “Never Ever Give Up” and to encourage other children battling cancer to NEGU.
Now, courageous teen athletes are carrying her message to NEGU to other courageous kids. Players ages 12 to 14 will participate in six tournament-style games from 11:30 to 6:00 p.m. All athletes will play in honor of a child battling cancer with the patient’s name and photo taped to their lacrosse helmet. Admission is free. Participants and spectators are encouraged to bring new and unused toys to be included into JoyJars™ that will be delivered to children battling cancer.