- Grauer Students Embark on Educational Expedition to CubaPosted 3 days ago
- 4S Ranch~Del Sur Community Foundation Holds 6th Annual Grant Awards Celebration, Grants $26,000Posted 6 days ago
- Plan for Safety: Enjoying Hiking and Biking TrailsPosted 6 days ago
- Futsal Comes to 4S RanchPosted 10 days ago
- SDNCC Names New Director of Economic Development and PolicyPosted 10 days ago
- Council Declares Northrop Grumman Week in the City of San DiegoPosted 14 days ago
- RB Sunrise Rotary Announces Meeting Speakers for June, 2013Posted 18 days ago
- Fatal Traffic Collision in 4S RanchPosted 19 days ago
- Escondido Humane Society HomecomingPosted 26 days ago
- Westfield North County “Rhythm & Youth” Music Showcase June 1 & 2Posted 26 days ago
For 25 Years, Gymminy Kids, Inc. Has Created Gymnasts, Pride and a Commitment to Our Community
Posted on September 13, 2012
Twenty-five years is a long time to sustain a business, a marriage and a passion. Gymminy Kids, Inc. has not just survived; it’s flourished and set the bar high for all gymnastic facilities in Southern California.
In 1987, husband and wife, Rob Bryson and Liz Mullarkey, combined their experiences as a college athlete, broadcaster, and sports officiator (Rob), with degrees in P.E, Sports Management, teaching, coaching gymnastics and track (Liz), along with business acumen, to create what would become the highly successful Gymminy Kids, Inc. of today. The facilities in Rancho Bernardo and Oceanside provide mainly recreational gymnastics classes for toddlers through adults, along with camps, Motion Evolution classes and programs for children with special needs as well.
It’s not just good business decisions that lead to this kind of longevity in the marketplace. “It’s our commitment to customer service and retention of quality staff as the biggest reasons for our staying power,” said Liz. “We used to be the ‘only game in town’ when it came to gymnastics activities. Now, we have two gyms within one mile of our R.B. facility and two within two miles at Oceanside. “
One of the biggest secrets to the success of Gymminy Kids, Inc. is the top notch staff. Liz and Rob know treating their instructors well, providing a friendly, clean and positive work environment and a well-run facility might cost more, but that care is passed through to the students and families who come back year after year. Most staff members have worked at Gymminy Kids for five to ten years while some have been there for close to 20. The common thread with all the instructors is a desire to see children succeed, stay active as well as build their self-esteem while learning gymnastics.
On Saturday, September 22nd, Liz and Rob want to thank all their staff, students, families and the community with a celebration at their Rancho Bernardo facility. The festivities will start at 2:00 pm in the parking lot with the classic rock cover band “The Mike & Brian Experience”, plus children’s band the Boo Hoo Crew, and performances by the Gymminy Kids demonstration teams. Also, local vendors with food and children’s games will be available along with tours of the facility for prospective students. Mark your calendar and come out to see what excellence in gymnastics, business, and a commitment to our community looks like.