- Escondido Humane Society HomecomingPosted 14 hours ago
- Westfield North County “Rhythm & Youth” Music Showcase June 1 & 2Posted 14 hours ago
- Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Arts in Education Initiative Introduction to Instruments 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Shabbat Dinner and Service at Temple Adat ShalomPosted 6 days ago
- Memorial Weekend Fustal Game to be Held at 4S Ranch Sports ParkPosted 9 days ago
- San Diego Rowdies Girls Fastpitch Travel Softball Tryouts 18UPosted 10 days ago
- San Diego Rowdies Girls Fastpitch Travel Softball Tryouts 18UPosted 11 days ago
- Scientists in the Making!Posted 11 days ago
- Sport Clips of 4S Ranch Village Gives BackPosted 13 days ago
- The Grauer School Presents “A Night on Broadway”Posted 14 days ago
Organization Launches Membership Drive to Raise Community Awareness
Posted on October 2, 2012
The Ed Brown Senior Center (formerly the Joslyn Center) in Rancho Bernardo is launching a membership drive, with the goal of increasing its numbers by 50% before December 31 of this year. New members paying their annual membership before the deadline will receive an additional three-months free of charge.
“This is an ambitious project,” agrees Marla Cruz, manager of the Center, “but we believe that we can do it. We provide a much-needed service to the seniors of Rancho Bernardo and the surrounding communities of San Diego County. We offer classes and programs that help seniors stay fit and connected to life, and we’d like to share our resources with the community.”
The goal of the Ed Brown Senior Center is to enable all seniors to remain healthy and active for as long as possible. The Center provides programs and opportunities for mature adults interested in maximizing and enjoying the best years of their lives. No matter a person’s age, EBSC recognizes the importance of continually experiencing that sense of wonder, amazement, learning and exploration that comes from following one’s dreams.
The Ed Brown Senior Center offers a variety of classes, including yoga, fitness, zumba gold, watercolor, ukelele and computers. In addition, the play readers group meets weekly to hone their performance skills; dance classes are held weekly, as well. Bingo is every Friday afternoon in the auditorium.
The Center also holds two Health Fairs per year, along with several special events. Consultations with a HICAP specialist and a wills and trusts attorney are available by appointment.
Since its founding in 1989, the EBSC has consistently proven that you can teach an old dog new tricks. Our members have learned skills, taken classes and traveled to parts of the world they never thought they’d see. Building on a lifetime of experience, every member of the Ed Brown Center has learned to make each day better than the one before.
Located in the beautiful Rancho Bernardo Community Park, this 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization offers programs that benefit both body and mind. We invite you, your family and your friends to stop by any time to see for yourself. You’ll find a thriving group of people who recognize that age is only a number, and that life is not a dress rehearsal.